Saturday 23 May 2009

Back in the land of the living


I haven't felt up to posting recently as I've been recuperating after an operation. But well on the mend now! One of the advantages of slacking on the sofa is that I got the opportunity to finish of my second quilt.



I made this using the pretty much the same techniques as the first one (diamond quilting and self-binding). It was intended for another grandchild I have on the way (expected in July) and from the start I was intending for it to be unisex. But I now have doubts and think that it's ended up looking pretty boyish. I think it wasn't too bad until I foolishly added a light blue pattern fabric as the backing (and the binding). What was I thinking?



Anyway as Sod's law will have it I've since found out that the future arrival is a girl. So I'm thinking I'll start over using more girly fabrics and put this one into storage until the next baby boy enters our lives. Anybody got any good tips for safely storing quilts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Nanmade in England Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez