Tuesday 9 June 2009

New Project



This monkey marks the beginning of my next quilt. I decided I wanted to give my three year old grandson Brandon a quilt at the same time as his new baby sister gets hers. Which means I have to get my skates on as the baby is due in about 3 weeks or so!

The original design of the monkey quilt is by the incredibly talented Laurraine Yuyama of Patchwork Pottery. Unfortunately I don't yet own a copy of the book "Quilts, BABY!" in which this quilt appears (it isn't published in the UK till July), so I'm bungling my way through it using guesswork and the pictures that Laurraine has posted. I know this isn't a patch (no pun intended!) on the original but all the same I've never done any applique before so I'm very pleased with how it's turned out. Only 11 more monkeys to go!!!

1 comments:

PatchworkPottery on 9 June 2009 at 23:33 said...

It's wonderful Carol! You have done a GREAT job... especially without the pattern :o) Can't wait to see all of his friends!
Hugs from Canada, Laurraine

Post a Comment

 

Nanmade in England Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez